Sunday, November 20, 2011

My One Year Old

I have a one year old son, can you believe it? His birthday was on Thursday, but our schedules (mostly Tim's midterms) were too busy for any celebration until the weekend. Levi was being a butt the whole morning, but luckily after a nap, things started to turn around. 
Here is Levi enjoying his cranberry apple juice while we're waiting for our guests to arrive.
** Warning: Lots of pictures**

Levi had NO problem tearing the wrapper paper off his gifts. I think he just liked the noise it made though.

  
Admiring his first present
 More presents! I love wrapping paper!

  This next present was probably his favorite. Once he saw his Thomas the Train engine ball, he didn't want to move on. We tried to hide the ball but he threw a fit and only wanted to play with the ball. Eventually we distracted him with more presents.

I love my big bouncy BALL!

Aunt Missy, Uncle Ryan, and his cousins Ethan and Scott bought him a drum and a bear that sings happy birthday. He LOVES his drum. In fact he walks around the house now with the drumstick in his hands banging them on everything.

Drum stick and penguin toy together? Why not?


He's so smart! 


So, next comes the cake. I made a small 5 layer cake with different colored icing. Since Levi doesn't have a lone-standing high chair, I needed to make it fit in the little tray that goes on his booster chair. 
While getting him situated, it was like he knew what was coming. We had to hold his arms down while we put the cake in front of him. That way we had enough time to get out of the way and get some videos and pictures. 
I was always afraid how he'd do with cake, but alas! He is a FRANJESEVIC. There's no problem when it comes to cake. Needless to say and from the next few pictures, you will see that there was little... actually NO HESITATION whatsoever. 
ENJOY











 And yes, he ate the ENTIRE thing.

 

After seeing the amount of cake and sugar my child just ingested, I was afraid he'd soon blow or get SUPER crazy. Luckily, there was no reversal of what he had just eaten and he went into a sugar coma (Took a 2 1/2 hour nap right after he was bathed and played for a little bit)

However, I'm not looking forward to his next Bowel Movement. We'll see how that goes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI!

2 comments:

  1. So cute. My kids never touched their cakes:(. Lol I can't believe he ate the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just adorable. Levi is so big now. I bet he will be bigger than Logan when we get together. He is so cute with all his toys! Happy Birthday Levi!

    ReplyDelete