Today we made our first mortgage payment. NOW it feels like we're officially homeowners. It's crazy! Here are some pictures of what we've been up to. Since we budgeted well when it came to our down payment, we ended up having the funds for a brand new washer and dryer. I was excited to do laundry! I'm sure that will change eventually. Levi was just as excited, because now we have 2 BIG boxes he gets to play with. Daddy made them more Levi-friendly. We've since connected the two boxes with a smaller box, so Levi has to go in one and crawl through a small tunnel to get into the other one.
I also found a killer deal on a new play yard. PLUS I had a 20% coupon that was actually sent to the previous homeowners. We needed another play yard in case we travel after the baby is born. It's a 3 stage play yard, so it works as a newborn napper, bassinet, and eventually a regular play yard. The newborn napper has a switch that allows it to unlock and turn over and become a changing area. This will substitute as our little girls sleeping arrangements while she's in our room in the first few weeks. We don't plan on transitioning Levi out of his crib just yet, our pediatrician recommended when he's two since he's not trying to climb out of his crib yet. Even then, Daddy plans on making Levi's toddler bed so the baby will inherit the crib.
Daddy putting the play yard together.
No comments:
Post a Comment