This is WHY you haven't seen a post from us in a while.
I have been down and out for a while. This is my "attempt" to catch up on my blogging. Sad part is that it won't contain lots of pictures. Recently we had our hard drive replaced on the computer with all my pictures on it. Although we did a "back up" to an external hard drive- it didn't work or show my recent pictures I had taken with my camera. Luckily we still have the old hard drive and there is a way to get the files off of it, but Tim and I are not tech-savy enough to do it. It will probably be months later when it finally happens.
Other reasons I have been down and out. We're expecting again! I found out the first week of December. I am due August 14th, but will deliver earlier since we'll be doing a repeat C-section. With my last 2 pregnancies I got my morning nausea around 9-12 weeks. This time it was earlier. I felt pretty gross from 6 weeks til about 12 weeks. A lot of it had to do with the fact that Levi also caught that nasty stomach flu bug that was going around. Then he caught something similar a week later, then again 2 weeks later. And in between there Lila had a 24 hour stomach bug. Our household was sick for weeks it felt like. Although I felt awful, I never actually got sick until around 14 weeks and it was just a rough morning and I'm pretty sure it's because I had a cold with phlegm and a really bad gag reflex.
Then 2 weeks ago I did get the stomach flu and couldn't keep any fluids down. I ended up going to the ER for a day because I was dehydrated, then I had some minor carpal tunnel (we think) afterwards, then a few days later took Levi to the doctor for abdominal pain. Which the doctor ended up saying it was probably constipation/bowel pains.
Last week Tim and I were watching a movie after the kids were in bed and we both noticed we were cold (a rare occurrence). We just covered up with blankets and didn't think anything of it. Before heading upstairs I checked the thermostat and saw it was 64 degrees in the house (we normally keep it around 71) and I asked Tim if he had turned it down. Turns out the ignitor switch on our furnace had broke so there was no way to light it. We put the kids in one room with an extra heater and left the fire place on. I left the next day with the kids to go to my parents house for warmth ( 2 hour drive away). Tim stayed at the house and braved the cold so he could still go to work and wait for the furnace part to come in the mail; Which we paid extra for next day shipping for no reason-because Tim wasn't home when it came and it required a signature, then they didn't even attempt to try and deliver it again, we called but the Post office never called us back, so we to called the post office Wednesday and they said if we want to get it, we'd have to come get it.
Tim got the part, and it was broke and snapped into even more pieces as he handled it. So we had to call a local part store and travel downtown and pay 2x as much for the part. We ended up paying more than 4 times the part originally cost because of the next day shipping and then having to get it locally. (Let's just say, Tim wasn't a happy camper)
LUCKILY, the only thing wrong with the furnace was just the ignitor switch (that we're currently aware of). I was afraid we would have to drop a couple grand to purchase a new furnace. During that time, my parents actually came back with me and the kids the day before we got the furnace fixed. Luckily it wasn't negative 10 degrees out and 2 feet of snow like this winter has been lately, so being in the house for one night without heat wasn't bad.
My parents were able to stay for 2 days and during that time Tim and I got to go out to eat at Tucanos Brazilian Grill for his birthday and we got to find out the gender of our baby. So amid all of that "stress" that happened last week, we at least got to discover the wonderful news that we are going to have another GIRL.
Moving on to the other GOOD things happening!
Tim's car accident settlement finally went through. We got the check in the mail the day we fixed the furnace. (worst case scenario we would have used it to pay for a new furnace had we needed it-so it was a blessing to get it then) But I'm SO happy to be done with it.
Tim also received a very generous bonus this year ( as well as another raise) and it's felt great to save that money until we realized most of it would be paying for medical bills so far this year and for when baby comes. We are, however, using some of it to redo our kitchen floors. I currently have an off white/cream colored linoleum that's neutral but it shows dirt SO much. (With all the snow we had, I got to a point that I stopped mopping the garage entry because it was pointless with everyone bringing in wet and dirty shoes from either outside or the garage) It also has some tears, stains, bubbles, etc. from the previous homeowners, so we're planning on doing a wood laminate that will also look 100 times better.
We are also planning on turning our loft into a 4th bedroom for many reasons. We'd like to have another bedroom for our 3rd child once they are older. It will be nice when we have family visit, and it will increase the value of our home when we decide to sell. Tim is really confident in doing the work, so I guess it's a project we'll be doing later this summer but before baby comes.
THE KIDS
Levi and Lila get along, but they fight with each other an equal amount. Levi will share toys galore with everyone except Lila. In fact, if he sees her start to go towards a toy (even if its hers) he'll run over to it before she gets there and take it first. He intentionally takes anything she has in her hands, then she screams, then he gets timeout, he says sorry and gives a hug, REPEAT process. That's pretty much my whole day.
Levi has also become so much more of a boy. Wants to wrestle, play t-ball, throw pillows, build dinosaurs out of Legos, use anything long and stick-like for a sword. We've recently taken away all of his trains though (which was probably 50% of all the toys) because he became SO possessive of them and the tantrums were unbearable for me. Luckily, taking them away seemed to work pretty well.
Lila screams. I've said this before, whether its happy, sad or mad...she screams. Sometimes its super annoying and sometimes its incredibly hilarious. She's pretty tough and sometimes I think she's going to beat up on Levi when they're older and not the other way around. She's really smart too. She understands more than most people think she does and she's starting to use words more and more. Her favorite words so far are "Mommy, Daddy, hi, bye, baby, bite? please? up? help?" and she does some animal noises. She growls when she's mad, which I believe she picked up from Levi. She has full blown conversations with me which are mostly gibberish but she "talks" so much more that I remember Levi doing at this age. I think she's going to be more creative and artsy too. She likes imaginative play. Often pretending to eat food with a spoon, talk on the phone, brush her hair and her teeth as well as building with the Legos. She's also my climber. Levi? Not flexible in the slightest. Couldn't climb out of a crib or pack and play until 3 years old. Lila on the other hand, I think she'll have it down before she's 2. She can hike her foot to her head so she easily climbs on anything about 2 feet tall or shorter. She's very silly and laughs a lot too but can easily become frustrated when she's unable to "do" or "accomplish" something.She's very loving and very much so a "momma's girl". She often climbs on the couch just to cuddle or lay on me, something she doesn't do often with Tim.
Bring cooped up in the house for the last 4 or 5 months has also been hard on them both. It's hard to do indoor activities or find places that don't cost a fortune. OR, go somewhere and not get the FLU or stomach bug that's been currently plaguing Fort Wayne.
It seems as though the weather is finally starting to warm up (fingers crossed!) and the snow has almost completely melted away. We'll start getting outside for walks around the neighborhood, and we're planning on getting a swing set for the kids this year too. Parks make me nervous unless I have Tim because I would have a hard time with both kids on my own.
I'm most looking forward to Easter and since its in the middle of April, maybe we'll have decent enough weather for an egg hunt this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment