Thursday, May 29, 2014

Summer Days and Big Ideas

I think we're safe to say that the cold weather is gone for good. Looking forward to the summer and all the stuff we have planned. Fort Wayne hosts a lot of free events, family events, as well as festivals galore. This June I'm looking forward to Germanfest and Ribfest. Delicious food is the way to a pregnant girl's heart.

At home we've been doing some big changes too. Last summer we took out the fence and installed a kennel for the dogs. This year we've finally got the ground reseeded and grass is filling in where it desperately needs it. Also, we're planning on moving the dog kennel further from the house because it gets kinda stinky and I don't care for it RIGHT next to the house or where we would grill or entertain. We also bought the kids a swing-set this year. Tim did a lot of work with Uncle Ryan putting it together in less than a day. The kids love it! Levi picked up pretty quick on how to swing, and Lila's face is priceless when she gets to swing. We really like the placement of the swing-set in our yard because 1. it makes the yard look bigger and 2. it creates a good amount of shade (and we have NO shade in our backyard)



Also, we built a semi-raised garden this year as well. We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, strawberries, cantaloupe, zucchini, and yellow squash. I'm really excited for everything. I love fresh fruits and veggies from the garden. This is our first year with a garden, so we're not expecting much but when I saw this little guy I started to really hope we'd have a great turnout. Our little tomato!


Other projects this summer include, extending our concrete patio and buying a gazebo-type covering for more shade. Also, we're converting our loft upstairs into a 4th bedroom and installing ceiling fans to help with our energy bills. We know we will be here for a few more years so we've decided to pull all the stops and just get most of these things done so we can be happy in our home and increase it's value when it is time to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment