So, I've been super busy (and stressed) with work lately and haven't had a lot of time to blog. Here's what we've been doing.
For family home evening 2 weeks ago we decided to go to the park and feeds the ducks and geese. Learning about animals and nature for our lesson. Levi doesn't listen all to well about what we're telling him, but he likes to stare at animals and it makes him happy. I was someone protective because there were some younger geese there with parents and well these geese had learned to be first in line to eat and would try to bite at you if you didn't give them anything. I was slightly afraid they'd go for Levi's toes but everything turned out alright.
The ducks!
And of course MY FAVORITE PICTURE of the men in my life.
The following Monday we decided to go to the Champaign County Fair. I grew up going to that fair, and let's be honest, it's way better than our county fair here in Springfield.. Anyway, we went and looked at all the fun stuff they have under the grandstands. We walked through the arts and crafts that were judged. As well as the paintings, sculptures, and photography sections. It's so neat to see the different pictures that people do and then to see their age groups. While we were standing there I was looking at a picture and I said to Tim "Isn't that my road?" Meaning, the road my parents live on. And it was! How weird that I could recognize one section of a 3 mile road.
Well, the other reasons we went was of course to see the animals and let Levi get up close. I think the horses were his favorite because I had him out of the stroller and he touched them. I wish we would have gotten video because a horse in front of us "neighed" and Levi's eyes got HUGE! It didn't scare him but it did get his attention.
ONE WEEK LATER. Another family home evening. More like an opportunity for Tim to play with Levi's toys. On the Saturday before, we went out to Babies R Us to see if we could find some toys for Levi that were more age appropriate. We also wanted something he could grow with and use for learning. AND, we wanted something he could pull himself up on and not hurt himself on it. We ended up coming home with those big square foam puzzle pieces. They interconnect and have numbers and letters in the middle that can be taken out. I figure he can learn as he grows with these. They are also soft and easy to clean. And can be made in large blocks for him to pull himself up on! We scored!!!
pictures soon, computer is lagging today
The following Monday we decided to go to the Champaign County Fair. I grew up going to that fair, and let's be honest, it's way better than our county fair here in Springfield.. Anyway, we went and looked at all the fun stuff they have under the grandstands. We walked through the arts and crafts that were judged. As well as the paintings, sculptures, and photography sections. It's so neat to see the different pictures that people do and then to see their age groups. While we were standing there I was looking at a picture and I said to Tim "Isn't that my road?" Meaning, the road my parents live on. And it was! How weird that I could recognize one section of a 3 mile road.
Well, the other reasons we went was of course to see the animals and let Levi get up close. I think the horses were his favorite because I had him out of the stroller and he touched them. I wish we would have gotten video because a horse in front of us "neighed" and Levi's eyes got HUGE! It didn't scare him but it did get his attention.
ONE WEEK LATER. Another family home evening. More like an opportunity for Tim to play with Levi's toys. On the Saturday before, we went out to Babies R Us to see if we could find some toys for Levi that were more age appropriate. We also wanted something he could grow with and use for learning. AND, we wanted something he could pull himself up on and not hurt himself on it. We ended up coming home with those big square foam puzzle pieces. They interconnect and have numbers and letters in the middle that can be taken out. I figure he can learn as he grows with these. They are also soft and easy to clean. And can be made in large blocks for him to pull himself up on! We scored!!!
pictures soon, computer is lagging today
What fun family times! Levi is getting so big and even cuter if that is possible. He looks like he is bigger than Logan. It will be so much fun to see ya'll in a few months and have our babies play together.
ReplyDelete