Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Park Pictures/Mother's Day

So I've been trying to find things to do with Levi since we're home together. I've found our local park which is mostly a walking trail, a few picnic tables, some swings and one bigger play set. We had a picnic together last week and we ate some crescent roll pizza snacks and crackers. I couldn't find a bigger blanket so we used one of Levi's bigger baby blankets.

 Then we enjoyed the swings.

I also got 2 of the FUNNIEST pictures of Levi. The first is cuter, but the second is one of those BLACKMAIL kind of pictures. Enjoy
This one says "What?!"
The next one is blackmail.
I laugh so hard when I see this picture.
So I guess we'll follow it with a better picture.

We actually ended up leaving a littler earlier than planned. 4 younger adults with 5 older children came by and I didn't want Levi to get in the way or get hurt. It also didn't help that all 4 adults decided to light a cigarette and stand right next to the play equipment with their children. I understand we're outside, but come on. That's the one thing I miss about Ohio, there's no smoking in public places. Here you have to designate non-smoking if you want it.

Anyway, a few days later on the day before Mother's day Tim and I decided that we'd look for a bigger and better park. And oh did we find one. It's about 25 minutes away and it's a lot closer to Fort Wayne but it's such a neat park. Check out the picture, and that's only the toddler section. The rest of the park is much bigger but very similar build.
 It's basically a castle with lots small places to climb up. I had to follow Levi almost everywhere since Tim was too tall to fit through the places Levi went. 

 Going down the slide with Daddy and waving "hi"

The best part of the Mother's day weekend was the following picture. My child does not cuddle or sit still very long. Even if he's tired he'll fight you unless he's in a crib or packandplay by himself. However, this kid was so worn out he fell asleep right on my chest when I sat down. (Which then led me to fall asleep as well) I'm so glad Tim took this picture.

As for what else is happening in our lives. Our branch is really small and I expect to have some sort of Sunday calling soon. Levi is very active and very independent. He's finally (sortof) chewing his food instead of swallowing it whole. (Which has been a nightmare) He listens most of the time if it benefits him in some way. If he does have something he's not supposed to have and we get up to get it from him, well... he takes off down the hall to his room thinking he's faster than us.
Levi is also talking more. He tries to say the prayer before meals which is adorable. He also folds his arms the whole time! He also is starting to use his words more now that he understands they mean something. His favorite word, of course, is NO. He runs around yelling with delight and says no no no no no no no. Then laughs when he falls down. 

Levi's other words include daddy, mommy, happy, baby, dog along with "woof woof", duck along with "quack quack", more, stinky, bum, bath, ball, hi, what, yeah, thank you, wow, go, shoes, socks. I'd say he's picking up on it pretty quick. I packed his book with flashcards somewhere and don't know which "Levi" box they're in. We weren't planning on unpacking some things since we knew our current apartment is only temporary.

As for Tim and I. Things are good. I've been sick with either allergies or a bad cold for the past week. I feel like I have sinusitis. Tim hurt himself at work and pinched or irritated his sciatic nerve. (I had to untie his shoes for him. Luckily nothing too big to worry about. I'm also 17 weeks along and I've felt the baby move already which I'm thrilled about. He or she likes salty foods. I still need to find another OB out here as well as a pediatrician and get us in to see doctors. Hopefully I will also get a picture of my baby bump. Which is practically non-existent but it's there. Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. What cute pictures! I love that castle park. Those pictures of Levi make me smile. I love that cute kid. I am glad you are having so much fun at home with your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures. I love the blackmail one. So cute. I wish we had a park that had different age sections. Awesome. Glad you guys are doing good.

    ReplyDelete