Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My New Hobby


I'd say I've always been creative. I'm not one of those "I do everything creative" kind of people, which by the way DO exist I think.
I really enjoy cooking/baking. I like photography but wish I had more resources.
Anyway, my husband always gets on me because I need new hobbies that I can do from home. 
Because my other hobbies are too expensive apparently. For example, I like to shoot guns which can be pretty costly.
So I've been "Pinterest*ing" lately and came across quilling. Apparently its been around for a while and sort of making a comeback. It's basically art formed from thin strips of paper that have been rolled tightly or loosely into coils and then shaped and molded in other ways.
I thought "this could be fun!"
We headed over to Hobby Lobby to see if they had any tools and supplies. To my luck, they did!
They had started kits for like $25 but it seemed too expensive. So I just bought myself the tools and the paper separately. (Much better decision)

So here's my first "piece"
I started it Saturday night and finished it Monday night. It will go in Lila's room since it's so bright and colorful.




This was a lot of fun for me. I think I'll keep up on it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! How many times have I told you how creative you are?! You never disappoint =)

    ReplyDelete