Yesterday was Tim and I's 3rd wedding anniversary. I wasn't expecting a whole lot. I guess our trip to the Zoo on Saturday was our outing. This weekend is conference so unless we go somewhere in the morning, it's not an option to go out either. Luckily, I have the BEST husband ever and he surprised me with something anyway. I got off work and picked up Levi, I walk in the door with a baby in one arm and diaper bag and daycare bag in the other. I was overwhelmed, stressed, and ready to relax. To my surprise , however, when I walked in I found my parents sitting on our couches and Tim was dressed up nice. Turns out, Tim had asked my parents to babysit so we could at least go out to Dinner. It was really nice because they watched him at our house instead of us traveling out to where my parents lived, then coming back into Springfield and eating out, then going all the way back to pick him up, then back to springfield again to go home.
We enjoyed a fancy (sortof) dinner at Red Lobster and headed out to Kohl's afterwards. I had a giftcard that a friend of mine gave me for my anniversary ( how sweet is she??) and we ended up not being able to choose anything so we went to the back corner and bought a bunch of toys on clearance for Levi. Tim also bought me some of my favorite movies.. including Wall-E, UP, and Tangled. (I guess Mulan is on the way)
It wasn't a lot, and he didn't spend a huge amount of money on me, but it reminds me of why parents need their own time. It reminds me why a date night without kids is important. To be honest, I would go crazy without those moments of just being alone with Tim for more than a few hours. The best part... there are more anniversaries to come! Probably more kids too, but at least I'll have my "Tim" time at some point during the year.
Mom & I got a card for you at the house, Remind me next time you guys are over and I'll give it to you!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDad