Sunday, September 18, 2011

Levi's 10 month photoshoot

Tim and I were always afraid of having an ugly baby and no one telling us. I think it's safe to say that Levi is one cute chunk. Occasionally he DOES have his moments, such as when we're trying to capture him with the camera and comes out looking drugged, drunk, or evil, but he makes up for it with later pictures.

I told Tim yesterday that the reason I know I have a cute baby is because of the way we are complemented when we're in public. When someone smiles and says "he's cute" or "adorable" there can be double meaning. MOST of the time they mean what they say, but if they really thought your baby is funny looking they say that so they have an excuse to stare. Ha ha! My reasoning may seem out there, but I'm sure it happens.
However, on more than several occasions (Which I probably could not count) we've had people almost seem alarmed and say out loud "Oh my gosh! You're baby is SO cute!!" I can't help but laugh and thank them but it really does make me feel awesome inside.

I've told Tim countless times that I really want a NICE camera so that I can take pictures of friends and family, specifically our kids as they grow. We bought one a while back which we thought was going to be a good one. I really wanted a DSLR but we opted to go with a more advanced point and shoot and it happened to be on sale. Well, I regret it from day one. I hate our point and shoot and I want a DSLR. Unfortunately, they are really expensive and the lenses get expensive as well. Tim was really considering getting me a camera (such a great hubs!) for our anniversary until I mentioned something to our bishop today after church. Turns out, he took photography classes from Wittenburg University and had a DSLR camera and said I could borrow it. This is the best outcome we could have had. Now I get to use and get to know a DSLR camera and didn't even have to buy it. Maybe in the future when things are more financially stable, but our Bishop said I could borrow it since he wasn't using it at all anymore. I'm so grateful that this opportunity came up. We went right over after church and took it straight over to a park with Levi and took about 300 pictures. Granted, some are weird, fuzzy, or the baby looks drunk. (Or I just don't like the picture in general) but I posted some of my favorites on our facebook account. I have friends and family who can see facebook, and I have friends and family that can't but can read our blog. SO, since I hadn't posted pictures of Levi to facebook in a while, I made an album there and to make it easy, I'm including the link so that you can view the pictures publicly.

LEVI'S 10 MONTH PHOTO SHOOT!   (<-- click here)

p.s. Did not mean to put him in a shirt with a big 10 on it(10 months), I'm not THAT cliche. I found the shirt for 1.50 at Meijer and grabbed it and he happened to throw up in his church clothes and had to be changed.

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! That is awesome that you have access to such a great camera. You totally have a cute baby and I am not just saying that.

    ReplyDelete