Saturday, February 4, 2012

The right kind of genius

Great news. Tim calls me 2 days ago and tells me that he's done something great at his internship. He voluntarily took on a project and then finished it with flying colors. He was able to invent some jog/contraption from scrap and put it to use and it works great. So he's going to be making a better prototype, sending the design out to another company that can make LOTS of them and then they will reassemble the production line to incorporate the new tool. He's so smart! With this accomplishment, he's VERY likely to be offered a job with the company. How exciting? Indiana, far enough but not too far away. We'll see. They don't recognize day light savings time and I don't like that. :) Haha

So Tim may be a genius, but sometimes the common sense parts of the brain don't work. For example, just last night we had planned on my father in law coming to watch Levi while Tim and I attended the Temple. During dinner, before dad got there I asked Tim if he had prepared his lesson for Sunday. He panicked and said no. So I asked him, will you need time tonight to do it? He answers "Well, I have to teach for a whole hour"
My brain is thinking he needs 2 days to prepare this lesson. So Tim called the temple and cancels our appointment and right after he hangs up he says "I'm retarded"
I smile and say " you do realize today is Friday right?" Apparently, Tim thought it was Saturday night and that his lesson was the following day. So he felt really bad about calling the temple to cancel the appointment.
He has his moments. :)
I was sad not to be able to go to the temple, but when we called Dad to tell him it turned out that he was really sick anyway so it turned out for the best. We ended up doing some research on new.familysearch.org anyway and it was really cool. We then went out to rent a movie and bought some sparkling cider to finish the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment