Tim and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary this weekend. On our actual anniversary date (the 27th) we headed out to dinner at Red Lobster with Levi. They have their endless shrimp special going on and we took advantage of it.
The Best Gift!
During our meal, a stranger approached our table and complimented us on our parenting style and said we were "really respectful towards our son and they really admired" us for it. They commented on how well behaved Levi was with all his "please" and "thank you's" and ended by saying "keep up the good work and God bless!"What a wonderful compliment!! It made Tim and I feel like we were on cloud 9. At least we're doing something right!
Last Night (28th)Tim and I haven't been on an outing/date together since he started working for Therma-tru. No, not officially working but way back in January when he started his Co-op.
Tim and I also take responsibility for being in charge of the celebration activities every other year. Tim is in charge of the ODD anniversary years and I'm in charge of the EVEN.
SO, without Tim's knowledge (but he usually figures it out) I planned for a babysitter for Levi and found a local corn maze right up the road from the babysitter's house. Perfect!Here's Levi chilling in the backseat with a book on our way to the babysitter. (This was a camera test shot, but it turned out pretty cute)
The corn maze was 15 acres (HUGE) but it was also a design with some of their sponsors.
There were games throughout the maze. Correct answers directed you where to go and wrong answers took you the wrong direction.
The answer to the board behind us was "goose bumps"
The place also had other things. A pumpkin patch, a mini-maze made up of bales of hay for the kids, corn hole, tether-ball, and some other games you had to pay for. Oh and place to take your picture!
Here I am pointing to the pumpkin and my 36 week pregnant belly. Pretty comparable I'd say.
Then there's TIM
Then someone offered to take a picture of the two of us. (Gosh my face is swollen)
In the middle of the maze there was a bridge so you could look over the corn maze.
You had the option of taking the stairs back down the bridge or taking the slide.
We took the slide option- 3 TIMES.
Here are some videos we took of this slide, it was much more fun than we anticipated.
Happy Anniversary to my best friend!
4 years down, an eternity to go.
4 years down, an eternity to go.


Happy Anniversary!!!!!!
ReplyDelete