Tuesday, June 4, 2013

BUSY, BED, and BUFFALO

BUSY
I've been super busy lately. My days run together and are so jam-packed.
I usually wake up with the kids by 8 o'clock. (Yes, they love me so much that they sleep in that late) and we eat breakfast. We usually play or do whatever in the morning. Lila takes a morning nap and that when I work on letters, numbers, shapes, colors, animals, and other things with Levi. We have lunch around 12:30 or 1 and then both kids go down for a nap, usually from 2-3 hours long. That's when I get homework done, clean the house, and prepare supper (what  I can).  After nap, sometimes I let Levi watch a movie or PBS show, it helps me get supper completed without him between my legs, in front of the stove, or wanting to "help".  Tim is home usually around 5, sometimes earlier. We eat, relax, Tim plays with the kids. Baths and bedtimes are around 7:30-8:00. I head to the gym for a workout at 9 pm til usually 10:00 or 10:30. Home and to bed to start over again.
In between my "normal" schedule, I'm taking pictures for friends, trying to eat and manage our meals better,  manage the bills and finances, finish painting the house, work on the garden, shop for a car, and don't forget about my little Lila who needs attention too!
Lately, the kids nap time has also been MY nap time.

BED
We finally took Levi out of the crib because Lila was outgrowing her pack 'n play. I found a twin bed frame (which also extends to a full)  headboard  and box spring at a garage sale and bought a new mattress.
Levi has been in his BIG BOY bed for just over a week now. He's doing great. We can't lock him in his room and he knows how to open doors. We put a baby gate on the outside of the doorway so if he opens his door he can't get out. When he opens his door, we just go tell him that's not OK and put him back into bed. It doesn't help that bedtime is when it's still light outside. He usually doesn't throw a fit. In fact, I checked on him and he had all of his books in bed with him once. LOVE that he LOVES books. 

BUFFALO
Tim's boss at work, Jay, only lives 10 or so minutes from us and he lives out in the country with lots of land. They were the people that actually housed our dogs while we looked for a place to live but were still in an apartment.  Jay got buffalo about a week before I had Lila, we were actually planning to go see these baby buffalo for my birthday, Oct 20, but Lila decided she wanted to come into the world the night before. They aren't so baby anymore, but they're not huge yet either. Tim and I sliced some apples and took Levi to go see and feed the buffalo. It was pretty neat.










No comments:

Post a Comment