Monday, June 24, 2013

Last week Part 1

Tim's employer, Therma-tru, held its family picnic this year at the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. So we got free tickets, along with free tokens, along with a free lunch! It was pretty awesome.
It's not a huge Zoo, but that makes it nice for the kids and easier to do in one day. They don't have bears, wolves, rhinos, elephants like a larger zoo would but they had enough to still be a lot of fun. Zebras, wildebeast, leopard, tigers, lions, alligators, peacocks, birds, monkeys, orangatans, tigers, giraffes, etc. 

Here are a few pictures and videos from our trip.

LEOPARD pacing back and forth. He looked SO fuzzy!


Levi and I (and part of Lila's foot) with the zebras and wildebeast


There were peacocks EVERYWHERE and the zoo just lets them roam the park. There was an all white one too but I missed getting its picture.

Levi and I used our free tokens to take the train ride!




THE GIRAFFES! They were so neat

We also spent $1 to get lettuce to feed the giraffes. Tim was able to get a resting giraffe (pic on left) up and over to us. It was nice because there were many people there and we were the only ones with lettuce at the time. You'll see how close they get in the videos.

We loved it so much, we went back later to feed the giraffes again and Tim wanted me to do it this time. This time was a lot harder because there were SO many people and kids screaming. Tim had to take the video from far away. You'll see (as I walk back to Tim) that I was slightly irritated with how rude some people were being.


It was a lot of fun and were done by 1:30. The only downside? Levi lost his shoe and didn't tell us until a lot later. I walked back pretty far along the trail but didn't find it. I was pretty sore about it because I had just bought them and they were really nice thong-style sandals. (Thinks men's thong-style, the straps were a soft material and the sole was like microfiber) Granted I bought them from a garage sale but still it was also his first time wearing them.
We brought the kids home and we all napped for like 3 hours.

Stay turned for our other (part 2) 'last weeks activities' post

No comments:

Post a Comment