October 19th, 2012 6:33 pm This little ball of joy entered our life. And today our sweet Our sweet Lila Brooke turned 1 year old!


My parents were able to come up last night and my mom helped me out with making the cakes.
We woke this morning, had Rise 'n Roll doughnuts (better than schulers!) and we finished with last minute wrapping etc.
Tim's dad was the only other family that came. So when he arrived we did a mini skype session with "Kunkle Josh" (as Levi likes to say) but he was out eating breakfast at a restaurant with friends so it didn't last long. We did Skype with Uncle Ryan, Aunt Missy, and cousins Ethan and Scott for Lila's Presents and Cake smashing/eating/playing.
Lila got a walker, mini tricycle, and a stuffed light up unicorn from Grandpa Franjesevic.
A stuffed dog from Grandpa and Grandma Ruchty.
The from Mommy and Daddy she got a stuffed horse with a pink saddle, bead necklaces, stacking bowls, a talking and signing play purse, and a big pink bouncy ball.
So far, her favorite toy is the most inexpensive thing I bought her. The colored bead necklaces. They're colorful and they make sound and fun to swing around. Why wouldn't that be her favorite?
ENJOY what I was able to capture on film.
I made Lila a giraffe-themed cake.
The main cake (for guests) was devil's food with vanilla buttercream icing. I made a giraffe out of marshmallow fondant. Then I made blocks from rice krispie treats and covered them in pink fondant and spelled out her name.
Lila's "smash cake" was in the shape of the number 1, but decorated as a giraffe. Her cake was vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing.
The main cake (for guests) was devil's food with vanilla buttercream icing. I made a giraffe out of marshmallow fondant. Then I made blocks from rice krispie treats and covered them in pink fondant and spelled out her name.
Lila's "smash cake" was in the shape of the number 1, but decorated as a giraffe. Her cake was vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing.
Naked Baby, Zebra print bib, and cake!
AND just in case you didn't get the full experience from the pictures, we have the first 3 minutes of her cake-eating on video as well. She wasn't too messy, eventually she just enjoyed squishing it between her fingers.
Lila's 12 month check isn't until Tuesday morning, so I will update stats then. Other than that she's a happy little girl, crawling all over. She pulls her self up but no even remotely close attempts at walking (even while holding on to something) And she loves to scream! Happy and mad screams usually escape her little toothless mouth, but we love her all the same. We do know for sure she is a MOMMA"S GIRL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILA WE LOVE YOU!
Cute pics! I can't believe she is 1 and crawling all over the place. How cute is she eating her cake?! Great job on the cakes Sarah! You rock! I can't wait to see your kids at Christmas!
ReplyDelete