The full details:
I was scheduled for a c-section on Monday October 22nd because we found out that the baby was breech. Tim got home from work on Friday October 19th, at 4pm and cooked some steaks for dinner that he had picked up earlier that day. Fifteen minutes after we ate, Tim's brother Tom called him to just to chat and all of the sudden i felt a strange pop in my belly and realized that my pants were starting to get wet. "TIM MY WATER JUST BROKE" I yelled. Tim yelled over the phone to Tom, "Sarah's water just broke I gotta go!" and hung up the phone. Tim started freaking out and getting all the bags and Levi ready to go as I called the hospital to make sure the I need to go in. The operator said yes and we rushed to the hospital. Tim took advantage of the flasher situation driving 70 mph down a 45 mph limit road. We pulled up to hospital and the complimentary valet parking attendant gave a ticket and we ran inside. Once in the birthing center i was checked into triage and the nurse wanted to get another ultrasound to make sure that the baby had not flipped, but when she physically checked me and felt a foot instead a head she said they did not need an ultrasound. They rushed me into the O.R. and Tim had to wait outside with they gave me my spinal. After that moment I lost all feeling from my lower chest down. The nurses began to panic when the umbilical chord unexpectedly came out. If the chord comes out and gets pinched it causes the baby a lot of stress. So the nurse had to push it back in and the doctor who was not in the room at that time had to rush in to cut me open. A few minutes later they brought Tim in and he sat and watched as they started cutting to get to the baby, and at 6:33 Lila was finally pulled out and taken to the warmer. I couldn't see her right away but Tim told me that she did have hair like I had hoped. A few moments later I heard her first cry. Before I knew it Tim brought Lila over for me to see and I started to cry because of how beautiful I thought she was. Thirty minutes later I was all stitched up and holding my new best girlfrend. Recovering is a little harder than I thought, but it is moving along. Pictures should be posted within the next hour.
Oh man! A cord Prolapse would scare me to death! I'm sorry you had to have a c-section...total bummer. I hope you're recovering well. Congrats on the new little girl! I think she looks like Levi :o)
ReplyDeleteYeah I was just waiting there and thhey lifted the sheet and "gasped " and said "we need her in here right now "(referring to doc) my nurse unded up putting her hand up there holding baby's feet and bottom off the cord and she commented that it was pulsing really well still. Just to be safe she stayed there the whole time. Under the drapes with my legs until they basically pulled baby out. Recovery is hard but in a different way. I'm feeling much better today though compared to yesterday. All worth it! Thanks! !!!
Delete