Friday, October 5, 2012

Why we love it here.

*Note* I published 2 posts today, make sure you see them both!

When people ask us what we think about Indiana, here is our response.

WE LOVE IT!

First and foremost, our ward is awesome. Growing up in our home ward in Springfield was hard for Tim and I since there were few younger families. Plus, I worked and didn't get to do playdates or spend time with Levi anyway.
Here in Fort Wayne, the ward has SO many young families. There's a playgroup every week for mother's with younger children. I call it my sanity saver group. Levi has already found himself a good friend who is only 3 months younger than him. We're thrilled he gets along so well with his friends.

Growing up in Springfield Ohio was so boring because you HAD to travel to Columbus, Beavercreek, or Dayton to do anything fun with your family. 
Fort Wayne is about the size of Dayton but has SO much more to offer. Lots of family activities including a butt load of parks, science central (think COSI), fort wayne children's zoo, etc.
Our mall here is nice (Comparable to Fairfield Commons in Ohio) and has a special "We Play Wednesday" activity for children ages 2-5. A merchant of the mall hosts the activity and usually the kids have a craft, make a treat, or watch a puppet show. Did I mention its FREE? (best part!)
This week was hosted by Sbarro Pizza. The kids got to make their own pizzas and eat lunch for free. There's also a carousel in the mall and the price of the usual $2.00 was cut to $0.50. I can spare 50 cents for my son to ride the carousel. In fact, since parents don't have to pay, we went twice and paid a dollar. Here are some pictures of Levi's FIRST carousel ride. HE LOVED IT.

Levi riding the buck, Daddy would be so proud. 
(FYI: all pictures were taken while we were standing still. I wouldn't have left him unattended that far if we were moving. Oh and the camera isn't the best either, its my grab-go-point-shoot camera that is terrible)



 Throwing a small fit while waiting in line.



Here's the video, and we ARE moving.



1 comment: