Sunday, March 6, 2011

I have a smart hubby!

A few days ago, I thought I was having one of the worst days ever. While at work, I got a call from Levi's daycare and they told me that he had a 101.5 temperature. I had to leave work and make my way over to daycare and get him some Tylenol. On my way, I called Tim and asked him to call the doctor and ask if we could bring him in, as they told us any temp over 101.4 is a reason to call and have him seen. I told him to give me a call back and if they could get him in right away, I would take him from daycare to the Dr.'s office. Once I got to daycare, I gave him medicine and some lovin and Tim still hadn't called me back yet so I stayed a little, talked to the girls, but still no call. Finally, I called Tim and asked him what he knew. He told me that Levi had an appointment at 6, but the reason he hadn't called me back yet was because he was on the phone with his teacher from Clark State. Earlier this year, Tim had applied to a few scholarships based off of the recommendations of his teacher and his thorough encouraging towards Tim. Well, needless to say... Tim got his scholarship!
Tim made the All-Ohio First Team. I didn't really know what this was so I did some research while on my break at work. Turns out, its a program in which college kids who are involved in the community college's honor society Phi Theta Kappa can apply after filling out an application, writing multiple essays, and getting letters of recommendation from their teachers. Tim did all of the above, and with help from his teacher he was able to get it done on time and get it submitted with confidence. Well, all that hard work paid off. He received the call and like I said he made the first team. This means that Tim is one of 10 students in the state of Ohio to receive this award. We will be invited to the state house in April for Tim to receive his recognition award including a certificate, a pin, a medallion, and of course his scholarship. Tim is really looking forward to this not only because of the benefits of this scholarship but because it is a good thing to put on a resume as well as an opportunity to network with some people who are higher in the government. Tim joked later and said how cool would it be if he could get a letter of recommendation from someone in the state judicial system or the governor himself. Like I said, his hard work paid off and only hope it continues in the future. I'm SO PROUD OF HIM!!!!

1 comment:

  1. and to think, 20 years ago, he wanted to be a DUCK. CONGRATULATIONS! SON, I'm PROUD of you...

    ReplyDelete