So this sounds way worse than it really is. Don't worry, it's not really a condom either. My desk used to belong to an older woman named Judy. She used those rubber fingers to help her sort and flip through pages. Back in October when I first started, I looked though my desk and found a drawer full of supplies. Sticky notes, pens, colored flags, rubber bands, paper clips, highlighters.... etc. Well, today after filling my rubber band supply back up I looked down and saw something white. It was small, about the size of a dime and looked like it was balloon material. When I first saw it, I laughed a little bit and thought it was one of those joke condoms that Spencer's gifts makes that are really tiny. I had to ask David, my co-worker, what it was. Turns out it was another type of rubber finger. It had been on someone's (probably judy's) finger and when she took it off it rolled it up so it was almost flat(like a packaged condom). I didn't start laughin hysterically until I unrolled it the rest of the way. From being rolled up and in the drawer for so long, it now had ribbed sides to it. I HAD to show it to the rest of my co-workers (the women obviously, because the men don't find it as amusing as us girls do) and made almost all of them cry. Lorrie was even on the phone with an insurance company and she was laughing so hard and Debbie, another co-worker of mine said it was some sort of tiny office elf condom trying to have safe sex. She also said those kinds of rubber fingers don't hold up for very long, so I guess multiple uses are not recommended. No more 99.9% effective I guess.
Love my job, love the people I work with.
p.s. I took a picture of our office condom with my phone, will post soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment