Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sarah, you're a MOM... GROW SOME!

So..... whenever I have a job interview they ask the basic questions and of course the ones no one is ever sure how to answer. One of those questions being, "What would you say is one of your greatest weaknesses?" Well, anytime I've been in this situation... I've answered the same. I allow others to take advantage of me, walk all over me, and I avoid confrontation even though I have strong feelings about an issue.
Well, in high school that wasn't a problem because I got heated and I lost my temper a lot. Which meant some not so nice words and other crude things. Since becoming more active in my faith, I've learned to tone that down and try to avoid confrontation in any way that I can. Of course I still vent all of my feelings to my husband, and who doesn't?, but those things stay between us. But, I always thought that I would change and learn to stand up for myself a little bit better when I became a mother since it involved a member of my family who couldn't fend for themselves. I would be there to protect him and take care him in every way. Unfortunately, I still have yet to live up to that. I still allow people to give advice I don't need, tell me WHAT I'm doing wrong or right when it comes to how I take care of him.. etc. In fact, I've found myself being to quick to say YES or make others happy so I don't have to say NO. Is this a good thing? I guess it could be in a way, but it doesn't make ME happy. And everyone knows, if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy.
Well, from multiple experiences, my way of saying how I really feel about a situation isn't the best. Apparently I come off very rough, controlling, selfish and a bit prideful or make myself seem like I'm always right.
However, I've decided that I need to learn how to say NO while trying my best not to offend. I just need to grow some and tell others that I can't do something last minute because I've got 10 other things on my plate already. I'm a new mom for goodness sake. I'm still learning and any mom can tell you it's frustrating. I'm also working full time.. I come home and do laundry, cook dinner, and attempt to clean up after myself(which never happens) In fact, I find that I rarely have time or the energy to even take a shower.
This is it, no more being stepped on. No more being taken advantage of. I will help you if I can legitimately do it within reason, but I can't sacrifice parts of my life, my family and their health every time.
As a side note, my body after pregnancy has finally decided to make it's way back to being a woman every month and I would have to say that's it worse than before I was pregnant. So maybe this post is out of crankiness..... but it's here to remind myself that I'm tired of it. I've said it before, but I don't like people telling me what to do..... especially if they have it in their heads that they are SUPERIOR to me because they have more life experience. Sarah is officially growing some and sticking up for not only herself, but her family. Suffer the consequences.... hahahaha!! Just kidding, I'll try my best to be nice about it. Key word = try.

2 comments:

  1. It is so so so hard to be a working mom with a little baby at home. You are sleep deprived and have a lot to do. I know you can do it Sarah! Hang in there and enjoy those little moments when your baby smiles and your husband is sweet. It is hard so hang in there girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I have that same problem...although since Sara came I have found that I have no other choice than to say "no". My daughter's health is more important...the times I have gone and done more than I thought I could Sara came down super sick...learned my lesson. I know it can be hard, i think especially in our church you are taught to serve and help and such...but sometimes you have to help and serve YOU, and YOUR FAMILY, because they are important too. Love ya kid!

    ReplyDelete