Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sad Day

Unfortunately, no 4th of July celebrations happened this year. We haven't had rain and with these hot temperatures, the towns and cities cancelled fireworks and made them illegal to set off on your own. Which is smart, we don't need quickly spreading wildfires here.
We did go to a church party but Levi ended up spilling red juice all over himself and we had to go home early. Turned out the juice also stained his skin!
We've actually been staying inside to stay cool. Levi and I don't last long in the heat (especially 100+ degrees).

On another note, I'm having a little struggle with Levi's nap time. I swear he never gets tired. All these photos and blogs about their kids falling asleep on the floor, on the couch, while eating in the high chair. etc. It just doesn't happen with this kid. Occasionally in the car on longer trips, but not always. (I drove back to Ohio last weekend and he was awake the entire drive, 2 1/2 hours) Anyway, Levi's nap is officially after lunch for about 2 hours. However, I think he's only sleeping about 1/2 hour maybe 45 minutes of it. *sigh* I guess he's just having quiet time when he's not sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment