I also discovered that a friend of mine, Preston Anderson, committed suicide on the 17th. We attended BYU classes together and were in the same student ward.
Later in the school year, we didn't see eye to eye over a few things and after I moved back to Ohio we obviously lost touch.
My best memory of Preston was my first semester at BYU. We were both taking Economics 110. A truly "loathed" class. Probably my worst grade I have ever received in my entire life. Needless to say, a class size of over 600 students with a subject I could barely understand... well I sort of stopped going and only showed up for the final. Apparently there was a nice curve. All behind me now. Anyway, we had homework assignments due each week and they were due by the end of class on tuesdays.Preston and I found ourselves trying to finish our assignments tuesday morning, skipping class, and turning it in last minute. It was one time where he printed my paper for me and we jumped into his car and he sped, broke a few traffic laws to get to campus. I then took both of our assignments and RAN, yes RAN across campus to the Joseph Smith Building (JSB) to get it turned in on time. It was sooo funny and I think Preston and I ended up eating lunch together that day after our "stressful morning"
Preston will be missed and we're sending his family our thoughts and prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment